MN Custom Homes builds each of its properties using materials and finishes with enduring quality and timeless beauty. Wondering how to maintain your new construction home? It is essential to know there are routine maintenance checks that extend the life of your home and extend the “new car smell” of your systems and structure! Below, we have outlined these tasks that should be performed monthly or quarterly.
- Clean kitchen sink and garbage disposal. There are many ways to do this; vinegar ice cubes or baking soda and vinegar. For inspiration, you can find many tips and tutorials online.
- Clean out dishwasher drain filter
- Clean range hood filters. Remove filters and clean in mild detergent and water.
- Check for leaks around toilets and sinks.
- Check refrigerator water filter for replacement (if applicable).
- Walk exterior to review foundation, exhaust vents, siding, & gutters, etc.
- Inspect and change out HVAC/Furnace filters.
- Test smoke/carbon dioxide detectors. Replace all batteries twice per year.
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces (basements/3rd-floor bonus rooms).
- Check grout in bathrooms, kitchen, & laundry, etc. Repair as needed.
- Check appliance manuals for any regular maintenance required.
When you keep a schedule to check on these features, you’ll keep everything operating at peak performance in your home and prevent repairs for years to come.
House hunting? Find your perfect home using our search filters and personalize based on your home needs.