In a recent post, we discussed the recommended monthly and quarterly home maintenance checks for your MN Custom Homes property. Now, let’s take a look at the list of seasonal tasks to maintain your new construction home in the fall.
- Consider having your air conditioning system serviced for optimal performance. Refer to your NHO binder for HVAC contractor. This service is at the homeowner’s expense.
- Close the garage hose bib shutoff valve and drain hose bib for upcoming freezing temperatures. Roll up water hoses and store them for the winter. Do not leave a hose connected to the hose bib.
- Inspect hot water tanks and/or boilers if applicable.
- Cover or move outdoor furniture.
- Apply fertilizer to the yard.
- Winterize irrigation system.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Make sure water flows through properly. Consider hiring a handyman to do this work.
- Treat roof for Moss growth. It is best to treat for moss before our rainy seasons (Spring & Fall), which is its growing season.
- Fertilize landscaping. Recommended four times a year, February, April, June, August, and October.
- Test your sewer or storm sump pump if applicable. Replace batteries on the back-up alarm.
When you keep up with seasonal maintenance, you’ll keep everything operating at peak performance and looking great. Plus, it’s a great way to notice small repairs that might be needed before becoming a large problem.
House hunting? Find your perfect home using our search filters and personalize based on your home needs.